1. High school isn’t what you’re thinking it will be.
2. You’re going to sit by yourself at lunch sometimes, but that’s okay.
3. You don’t have to dress up to go to football games. I promise, no one cares what you look like.
4. Girls are going to be mean. Really mean. Just a warning.
5. You’ll learn more than you ever want to know in Freshman gym from a boy that will become your high school crush. Don’t get your hopes up though – he has a girlfriend, kisses you in the rain anyways, and doesn’t talk to you again.
6. …but that’s okay! Don’t freak out!! You won’t even remember the stupid boys you met in high school on May 30, 2014, when this seriously babely guy comes out of the shadows at a party and already knows your name. When he asks you to trust him, trust him.
7. Tell your mom everything. Seriously. Just do it. She’s a genius.
8. Don’t push your dad away and don’t take advantage of him telling you goodnight on the other side of the door, because one day you’ll be an adult and you’ll miss it.
9. Don’t subtweet. Please. I’m begging you.
10. “What is done in love is done well,” so don’t do anything unless its because you want to and because you’ll be happy you did.
11. Go to YoungLife. A lot. Its good for your soul.
12. Don’t procrastinate and just do well in school, because when application time comes around, you’re going to wish you took notes instead of catching up on The Bachelor.
13. Don’t let bitchy girls make you cry. You’re so, SO much better than that.
14. Love your car because it gets you from Point A to Point B, and remind your friends that you’re not a never-ending gas tank, because you’ll get taken advantage of for your heart that wants to make lots of friends and your willingness to let “this one time” without gas money slide.
15. Love yourself. Always. At the end of the day, you’re doing the best you can. I have a feeling you’re gonna like where you end up.